Monday, August 4, 2008

A note of clarification for those who say I am persecuting Jon Boone ..

Mr. Boone and his supporters have used his background at the University of Maryland to help paint him as an expert on wind energy and give him implied credibility with the people of Garrett County. If it turns out that career background has somehow been inflated I believe the people of Garrett County deserve to know, see my previous comments. Clearly, Mr. Boone is not a scientist and should not be using his former position to mislead others into believing that he has the same background, education and experience as an acclaimed scientist or historian who has earned the title of Professor at a distinguished university.

As for me, I have never claimed to be a PhD, a Professor or an expert on anything. As I have said from the beginning I am just Joe Citizen and have no intention of submitting a resume, or an inflated version of one, to help support my case and somehow give me implied credibility. It should make no difference whether I am the Governor, a county commissioner, a small business owner, a part-time McDonalds employee, a real estate agent, a garbageman, a teacher, a fireman or a retiree. I choose to let my thoughts speak for me and allow people to decide for themselves whether those thoughts are credible or not.

Don't forget to check back to Dan's Deep Creek Blog for future updates.

No comments: