Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Friday Price Change Property Sale Closes

You may remember that 72 EYEOPENER Ln made headlines on this blog back in April after a measly $100 price cut. Shortly thereafter the price was reduced by an additional $199,900 and I indicated that I would not be surprised if the price had to go lower to get the property sold. Well, as the title of this posting suggests and Redfin shows, the property has now sold; final selling price, $1.1million, $200,000 less than the most recent list price and $399,900 less than the price I mocked after the $100 price reduction.

Don't forget to check out our sponsors and check back to Dan's Deep Creek Blog for your future updates on the Deep Creek real estate market.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's going on with Maryland housing statistics? It shows that only two houses sold in June, with the inventory dropping to 66? That can't possibly be right, can it?

J.

Mike said...

Why no recent posts? Always enjoy them!

Dan said...

Thanks for noticing Mike. Every now and then I need a break from the blog. I'll work on some updates in the next few weeks.

Dan said...

Good catch on the MD housing statistics site. Not sure what's up. Maybe the Garrett realtors stopped reporting the bad news to the MAR or are trying to cut off my data stream. If I recall correctly June got off to a good start, so I would have expected a moderately good month in June. I'll see if I can add up some numbers for myself.

Mike said...

Good to see your updates again.
I know for a fact the June stats can't be right, as I bought a place in June myself (condo in Innsbruck II) Even if the "other" sale was for $0, the average / median would be more than what is being shown there :D

Dan said...

Thanks Mike. Congrats on the new place too. Enjoy.

Tom Corrgian said...

Thanks. I'm sure we will enjoy it. Such a beautiful area. We got it for $268k, and they'd been selling for about $325k, 4 or 5 years ago. But the point for us wasn't an investment but to be near some friends and plan for retirement in a few years. Folks in the smaller unit two door down have theirs up for sale for $330k, which seems ..."optimistic" (to put it mildly) :D

Dan said...

Tom,

Thanks for the comments. Hope you enjoy your future retirement place, but unfortunately I'm unclear about which property you are referring to. This blog post was initially about 72 EYEOPENER Ln which sold for more than the property you bought. Can you share the address of your new home so I can connect your post to my prior blog post? Thanks and stay cool.

Tom Corrgian said...

Sorry to get off topic. I started out responding to the comment about only two houses sold in June.
The property we bought is Unit J in the Innsbruck II development. Just south of the bridge on Rt. 219. Found out about it before it was listed with an agent, and made an offer.